Friday, January 16, 2009

Unhurried

So I've had my new camera for over a week now. Haven't taken as many pictures as I would've liked to but I am starting to get a good feel for the equipment. Mind you, I did have a bit of a worry the other day when I was trying to photograph a set of traffic lights which had been knocked over (but were still working). There was a bit of a delay between pressing the shutter release button and the photo being taken. I thought that a fault may have developed but eventually I realised that the last time I used it I'd set the self-timer button to a 2 second delay. No wonder I was getting loads of pictures of the footpath.

I did manage to get quite a few shots of ducks. Ducks are surprisingly photogenic. I'm hoping I'll get quite a few bird shots soon. Our back yard here in Cambridge used to get all sorts of feathered creatures. As we were away for six months they've been seeking food elsewhere. Now that we're back and putting seed out they're slowly returning so I'll soon be zooming in on robins, sparrows, finches, wrens, pigeons, doves and tits. I do like to zoom in on tits.

Tomorrow I'm hoping I'll get the chance to click like crazy. I'm off to London for the day to meet some folk I've never met before so will hopefully get the chance to take lots of people pics. Just a shame they're such a bunch of ugly bastards. Oh well. Gotta start somewhere I suppose.
Anyone interested in birds, as I am, is likely to come round sooner rather than later, to their challenge as nature made them. ~David Bailey

1 comment:

  1. Had to laugh, I do seem to recall quite a few shots of ducks being taken at Howick Country Lodge!

    ReplyDelete